Azure Cloud Services Explained
Azure in its entirety offers a considerable range of services. Do you need to simply store data more securely? Is your physical server reaching end of life and you want to save money on buying a new machine by creating a cloud server?
We work with you to understand your specific business needs and recommend the right type of Azure solution.
How Azure can help you?
Regulatory and compliance requirements such a as GDPR place enormous importance on how data is stored and accessed as well as what data you can legitimately hold.
Azure can help you meet many of your compliance requisites by providing an inherently secure solution to data storage that is also cost effective and scalable.
At Westlake we ask the following questions:
- How do you store your business-critical data?
- How long are you required to maintain back-ups?
- How much server space are you using for data back-up?
- How much does your back-up infrastructure cost you per annum?
Azure Cloud Back-up will help you:
- Save money
- Scale up and down
- Choose between different back up options
- Back-up data and applications
Your Business Continuity plan should include disaster recovery for all your major IT systems—without the expense of putting a secondary infrastructure in place.
Azure enables you to protect all of your major IT systems affordably providing site recovery services should you experience an outage at your primary office.
It protects your physical servers and manages replication. Consider the impact of the following on your business?
- What is the impact on your business if your server goes down?
- When was the last time you had an outage and your people were unable to work?
- Do you have a disaster recovery plan and if so when did you last test it?
Azure Site Recovery provides peace of mind:
- Be assured your data is easily recoverable
- Be up and running faster after a business interruption event
- Test your Business Continuity plan
With an increase in security breaches and cybercrimes, companies are rightfully concerned about the security of their data in the cloud.
Azure functionality enables us, as your IT Support Partner and you to ensure compliance with security standards, spot vulnerabilities and mitigate them, limit your exposure to threats and detect and respond quickly to attacks:
- What could be the impact on your business in the event of a cyberattack?
- Do you have a holistic approach to threat management?
- Have you been the victim of phishing?
- Are you concerned about whether your data storage processes are GDPR compliant?
With Azure you can:
- Benefit from data encryption
- Spot and remedy security breaches
- Block malware
- Become compliant more easily
Together with our Automated Endpoint Management (AEM) software that is deployed across all your servers and PCs, we are able to monitor and resolve issues quickly and easily.
Azure Virtual Machine (Azure VM) provides a cost-effective and secure alternative to purchasing or replacing a physical server:
- Do you have physical servers? How old are they? When were they last patched and are they backed-up? Are you running out of space?
- Do you have a UPS or Firewall protecting your IT network?
- What plans do you have if your servers were compromised either by physical damage or cyberattack?
Westlake are trained and experienced in deploying Azure Virtual Servers. We can offer you the right advice on how to streamline your current physical server infrastructure and to subscribe to Azure’s infrastructure service securely and cost-effectively:
Azure Virtual Machine
- Extend your data centre
- Virtualise your file server or application servers to reduce capital expenditure on physical hardware
SharePoint on Azure
- Develop, test and deploy applications like company Intranets easily without having to buy additional hardware or invest in Office 365 software
SharePoint in Office 365
- For customers who have Office 365, deploy SharePoint as a file server and eliminate the need for an on-premise shared drive
Westlake have hands on experience deploying Azure solutions and importantly we always take a pragmatic approach to whatever we recommend so that you retain what works well and make improvements where they will deliver the functionality you need at the best possible price.