Finally, we may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and we will notify you of any significant changes via email. Our Privacy Notice will always be available on our website for you to read.
Who are we?
Westlake IT is a UK limited company operating from offices in Waterlooville, Hampshire. We are an IT support services provider. We provide SMEs located in the UK with remote and on-site IT support services. We are also a Microsoft Certified Partner and via our reseller partner, Ingram Micro, we provide Microsoft Office 365, Azure Virtual machine and Azure Storage services. We use Microsoft’s products to assist our clients in implementing internet/cloud-based IT infrastructure as a service and software as a service solutions.
What data do we collect?
Under the new GDPR regulations, the term ‘personal data’ is used to describe any identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries and so on. When you visit our websites or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
- Information you provide to us directly: When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information, respond to a job application or an email offer, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalising the content you see). Some of this information is collected using cookies.
What do we do with your data?
We will only collect and process your personal data when we have a legitimate reason to do so, such as the following;
- the performance of a contract with you including;
- delivering your IT support services which may include remotely logging onto your PC to assist with resolving a technical issue or remotely monitoring and maintaining the operating integrity of your IT equipment
- managing your contract
- providing you with information, quotes and proposals
- providing you with training and consultancy
- communicating with you about;
- the services we provide to you
- new products and services we may develop,
- soliciting you feedback on our services
- our business operations such as new personnel and changes to our pricing, service offering or Terms of Business
- in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations such as;
- HMRC accounting and reporting
- Preventing, detecting and reporting any fraudulent or malicious activity
- in order to analyse our website traffic so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with relevant content about our services
- where we have your consent.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to third parties for the following reasons:
- To manage our accountancy, billing and payments processes such as provided by Xero and GOCARDLESS.
- To provide you with products such as Microsoft’s Office 365 software as a service, Microsoft Azure’s Virtual Machine or Eset’s Anti-virus software
- To assist in providing our customers with IT support services. We use a Business Management Software system called AutoTask to store our customers’ personal data, log and track service tickets and help deliver projects. We also use AutoTask Endpoint Management, which is a software programme installed on your PCs and servers, that enables us to monitor and maintain the operating integrity and security of your IT equipment and systems.
- To comply with our regulatory and legal obligations as imposed upon us by law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure
- To provide information to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business
- To other people where we have your consent.
Transferring your data outside of the U.K.
When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you live in such as other countries in Europe or the United States. In the event that we need to do so, we have verified that the organisation has made provision for compliance with GDPR.
How long do we keep your data?
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
You have the right to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
- withdraw your consent to our continued processing of your data
It’s important to note though, that if you withdraw your consent to us holding and processing your data we may not be able to provide you with our services.
How to contact us
Westlake IT Ltd, is registered in England and Wales under registration number 5378896. Our business address is 17a Somerset House, Hussar Court, Waterlooville, Hants, PO7 7SG.